On 18th September The MindBody Lab hosts the first Stress Hacks Event at TQ City Amsterdam. Find more about it here: https://tq.co/events/stress-hacks-themindbodylab
Stress Hacks by The MindBody Lab is an interactive presentation which will cover what “stress” is, and how to recognize and transform it before it creates problems like burn-out, depression, anxiety, frozen shoulders, and more.
The Dynamic Mindfulness exercises come from different sources like “classic” mindfulness, Dynamic Meditation, Yoga, and Deep Listening. Here are some of the exercises we will be covering:
- Mindfulness simply means paying attention to the moment-to-moment experience. It’s a powerful resource for the functioning of people and teams at work.
- Bioenergetic exercises help people come in contact with their chronic tensions and learn how to release them using the proper movements.
- Many meditative techniques require one to sit still and silent. But for most of us, accumulated stress in our body and mind makes that difficult. Before we can hope to access our inner powerhouse of consciousness, we need to let go of our tensions. Dynamic Meditation is a fast, intense, and thorough way to break old, ingrained, and perpetuated patterns in the body and mind.
At this event, you’ll receive tips and tricks to deal with stress at work; have the opportunity to share your own experiences of stress; be guided in highly effective guided meditations and movement; and experiential sharing exercises.
Although the subject matter is serious, the style of the event is set up as lighthearted and dynamic. We will follow the main event with time for Q&A.
This event is a “taster” introduction to The MindBody Lab company and private 8 Steps program: An effective, 8-week group training in Dynamic Mindfulness at work. Learning to deal with attention, stress, letting go of autopilot, saving your energy balance, and communication at work. This training leads to more vitality, focus, and creativity in the workplace.
Stress is caused by over-identifying with the auto-pilot and worrying, too much input, too much sitting, and not being able to express stress in a safe, healthy, and constructive way.
In this program you’ll:
- Learn to identify stress more quickly and subsequently do something about it
- Become more connected to your body
- Become more self-aware and vital
- Learn to express and share feedback with colleagues in a safe and constructive way and therefore communicate easier with colleagues
- Gain more focus, be more creative, and perform better;
- Release stress and “stuck” energy
Ivar van Hoorn is an all around stress specialist: he works as a chair massage therapist at companies like Microsoft, Booking.com, and also TQ. He’s given company mindfulness coaching at organizations like Gemeente Amsterdam, Salonized, Egon Zender, and PR.CO.
After a decade of working in the corporate film industry during the week and partying a little too much on the weekend, he got burn-out and depression. In his quest for healing he explored all kinds of meditation, yoga, and other movement practices. From 2008 to 2010 he lived, worked as a filmmaker, studied, and practiced in a Buddhist Community in Southern France. It’s his goal and passion to bring mindfulness and movement into the workplace in an effective, efficient, accessible, and humorous way.
He believes at the workplace there is the most potential to deal with stress via the integration of meditation and movement exercises, since it is the place where we generally spend most of our time.
His latest project is The MindBody Lab, which combines meditation and movement “stress hacks” from the most effective, efficient, and accessible sources.